Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FEAR! or Fear not...

The Morning She Awoke

“I can’t keep up with you,”  the apparition whispered
And the girl kept running.
Her hamstrings pushed to full on speed and she was not about to stop now.
“I can’t catch you.”  The apparition whispered
The girl ran fast as she could.

Then the darkness got even darker and she could not see any light ahead.
She couldn’t see her hands in front of her.
She couldn’t see anything.
“I got you.”  The apparition said.

The alarm clock sounded and the girl awoke in a cold sweat
Never had the sun looked so beautiful shining through her sheer pink curtains.
“I am awake!” The girl shouted.
She walked to her window and pulled open the blinds and opened the window.
I am awake she said the trees.
I am awake she said to the birds singing in the trees.

Nothing responded to her noticing. 
Except one little black bird.
To the girl, the bird seemed to sing just a little louder.
There, she thought, someone is celebrating this moment with me.
~Camellita M Brown

The Morning She Awoke is a metaphysical poem about fear.
I gave into my fear. I feared that I could not keep up a strong and healthy body. I have reverted back to some of my old ways. I am in good shape, but I have been letting my diabetes control me.  (Mentally exhausting!!!)
  As a diabetic, I want to be strong and healthy (in my body and my mind)!!! I want to set a good example for my young girls. 
(my new shoes!  yeah!!!) 
Spring training starts today!  What am I training for you ask?  Well, LIFE really.  
I am letting go of my fear!  
Last year I joined a running group to prepare for a marathon.  With GRATITUDE, I completed the training and the race, but find myself a year later starting over.  I know what it felt like to be on top of my game...MIND, BODY, and SOUL.
I am training again for another race.  Call me "INSANE" if you must, but it is not about the running as much as the experience.  
~I am doing it for me
~I am doing it for my good health
~I am doing it because I am thankful for this wonderful body, the only one I will ever get, to carry me through the journey of life
Spring is the time for new life!
LET THE TRAINING BEGIN! 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the poem!!!
    Not fair that my shoes are gonna grab all the attention :)

    yay!!! It's today!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you Lisa....Good Luck and Congratulations with your spring training.

    ReplyDelete