Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Butterflies in her nose?


I just love this picture of Ryann.  She is kind of a jokester and it fits the story I am about to tell you perfectly.  

When we were in California, Ryann got swimmers ear.  I had to take her to the insta-care in San Diego and happy to report the ear is finally better.  

Anyway, after the doctors visit I ran into the pharmacy to get her prescription and Uncle Keith stayed in the car with the girls.  When I came out of the store Uncle Keith was a little panicked because Ryann had stuck a very small butterfly embellishment (off of her hair scrunchie) up her nose.  He wasn't sure which nostril it was in, but he was worried.  She thought it was funny and he couldn't get her to tell him which nostril it was in.  He wasn't sure what to do!

All I could think was we were headed back to the doctor to have the damn thing removed!!!  

First, I had her blow her nose and after a few blows out came the butterfly....phewwww...from the right side (Keith thought it was the left.)

A couple of hours later after Ryann woke from her nap guess what I found?  Yep, another slimy butterfly, probably from the left side.  She had stuck one up each nostril!!!!

Well, I threw the scrunchie away.  No more butterfly embellishments around and we are lucky we didn't end up with a stinky infection in her nose from a stuck butterfly.  The ear was bad enough.  

1 comment:

  1. OH MY H*LL!!!! That is cracking me up!!!

    Go to Micheals Crafts....get corks...cork all orifices!!!

    This will work for toddler years up to teen years (wink, wink)!!!

    ReplyDelete