Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

John Mayer


Went to the John Mayer concert last night with Jill.

I knew I liked John Mayer....but now I think he is adorable and his music is fantastic!!!!  

We arrived at the concert a little late.  Leave it to Jill and I to do a little shopping before hand.  Hey, don't judge.  We were kid free and she wanted to look at curtains!



We got there just as the opening act was finishing....Owl City.  They were good.

It was my first time at the Usana Amphitheater.  This is a great venue....



...but, what is up with the ear plugs?  We weren't that close to the speakers and we were outside.  Isn't the point to hear the concert?  

Anyway, this same guys wife got mad at Jill and I for talking to loud during the concert and told us to take our conversation elsewhere.  Jill told her, "Everyone is talking around you.   If you don't like it you can go listen to the concert elsewhere."  Jill was polite...the lady not so much!



So here we are....talking, laughing, and having a great girl night with  John...


He is young, handsome, very funny and a lot out spoken.  I loved that about him.  Sometimes concerts are so boring because the artist never looks up from the mic long enough to say, "BOO"  to the audience.  

Mr.  Mayer is a true artist.  Can I say talented!!!!  The boy can sing!!!  (I would have been happy just to sit and listen to him talk.  His voice is that sexy!) There was a lot of jazz and soul on stage last night.  They didn't play a lot of the stuff you hear on the radio...they JAMMED...think they may have written a new song in the middle of the show.  Loved the spontaneity of it!



Thanks Jill for the ticket and the great night.










2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh!!! I really like the first pic you have of him...he is pretty damn cute!!! I'm telling ya....a man behind a guitar can make you weak in the knees!!!!
    Glad you had fun....but you shoulda flipped the old bitty in the lip!!! Just for being a hateful, unfun person!

    ReplyDelete