Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Our famous accomodations and a trip to Yellowstone.

Part of the fun for me when we go on vacation is staying in a fabulous hotel!  I admit it!  I am a hotel snob. I want my home away from home to be clean and cozy!  Well...
when you go to a really small town out in the country your choices are limited...no Sheraton or Hilton to be found.  
Most of our family booked rooms at the Lazy J and Motel 8.  Derek and I have a had some really bad experiences at the motel 8.  We choose to stay at the Lazy J...
  

The famous Lazy J Motel!!!  Their claim to fame...The Horse Whisperer was filmed here about 10 years ago.


They did have a really nice porch...good for kicking back and visiting with all the family!


But, it is no Hilton...


Old fashioned country furniture and red carpet from the 70's.  The quilts could have used a washing.

This is the art work.  We found these little kitchen floor mats screwed to the wall in every room!


And the placemat hung on the bathroom wall!  Classy!!!


It took me back to the old days with wooden paneling on the walls (which were thin. I woke up to the neighbors having a little sexy time on Saturday morning).

Maybe not the cleanest place to lay our sleepy heads, but it is famous!  We made the best of it and had fun!

We decided to drive home by way of Yellowstone.  

Uncle Steve had never been there so we caravanned through the park together.  We stopped for buffalo burgers at a greasy little burger joint just outside the park.  It was great!!!!!
And the kids loved the log swing (probably better then the geysers).


I haven't been there for a few years and have to tell you...it is so beautiful!


The earth is very active right now and there were a lot of things to see.









We made it back safely at 2 a.m.  Our Monday morning was a little rough getting ready for school but we made it and it was worth the trip.   

1 comment:

  1. I really need to go see Yellowstone! Pics are great. Glad you guys had fun... but I don't know that I'll be staying at that motel anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete