Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home improvement and more cakes...

I have been way too busy to blog these days. First of all...my husband has been on the road with work for the past few weeks... that means it's all me all the time... I am not complaining, because, yes, it is my job. But, it wears a woman out!!!! Anyway, Derek also had the camera on one of his trip so, I wasn't getting pictures of all my happenings. Now that you have all the excuses for why I haven't posted in week... I have also been redecorating. I redecorated Grace's room for her birthday. I don't have a picture yet and she is sleeping so I will post it later. I am also in the process of redecorating my room. So far we have a new bed and a new ceiling fan. I will take pictures when it is more put together. Trust me...now is not a good time. I have been in furniture moving hell.

After all the decorating I made a couple of cakes for a good friend's baby shower. First, the diaper cake which was her gift from Holly and I.
Then she asked me to make her dessert cake too.

I was pleased both cakes and they were both a hit. No more occasion cakes for a while. The stress of looking good and tasting good is too much for me. Just dessert cakes that tastes good and don't have to be sooooo cute! I love to make diaper cakes if anyone needs a great shower gift!

The shower was for my friend Jeni who is expecting her second baby in couple of weeks. Jeni and I have been friends since grade school. Now our little girls play together. It is so much fun!!! Since we have all girls and girls stuff, it was fun to look at all the boy stuff. I think one of Jen's favorite presents were the tiny tube socks that reminded her of the ones her dad used to wear.Jen, it won't be much longer. Hang it there and that sweet baby will be here soon!


It is Sunday night, so I have to get to bed. We have a big week ahead because Grace's birthday is coming in a week and a half. You mom's know how it is...not just a birthday, but a week long event!

4 comments:

  1. Do you mean to tell me you're not making a fancy pretty cake for Grace's birthday? You do such a good job. I need to take some cake decorating tips from you...I'm going to attempt a WALL*E cake for Elliott's birthday in a few weeks. I can't wait to see the room make-overs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shit!!! I'm with Paula. Make your kid a cake! What are you doing for the week long event?? I was hoping to see photos on this here blog, but I guess I'm gonna have to come over and see the makeovers in person....I'll probably have to bring beer with me if that's ok :)
    Jen looks happy. I love the lil sockies too. You have become the queen of diaper cakes! It turned out cute!
    Hey girly....your bday and Vegas is right around the corner. We need to do a girls night here before you go! It's a MUST! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady! Thanks for coming over on Saturday.... I had so much fun. The cakes look awesome. I think you should make a combined birthday cake for yourself, Noelle and I and bring it to Vegas! It will be a piece of cake. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are making me feel guilty...I am probably going to take the easy way out and do a cupcake cake for Grace.

    Yes, Jolie, girls night and beer and I need you to go jean shopping. Bought two new pairs today and they are going back. Help!

    ReplyDelete