Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Re-decorating, birthday stuff and New Moon.

Sorry I have been MIA for over a week. I think this is the busiest week of my year...Grace's birthday, Thanksgiving, my birthday...and life always gets in the way!

As promised here are a few pictures of the re-decorating around the house. First, is Grace's room. Before it was green. You can see it in the background behind Grace and Grandpa. I liked it, but her dream is pink. I fought pink for a long time. Not sure why I waited so long because it is beautiful! It really is a room fit for a princess.

After decorating her room for the 3rd time I realized it was mine I was unhappy with. It is still a work in progress, but we started with a new bed. And a new ceiling fan. The old one looked like a space ship...not good for a bedroom!
The other furniture, bedding and paint will come in time. I am trying to be patient until I can find what I like!

We had a crazy week last week getting ready for THE PARTY! Grace's birthday party was a blast complete with a magician and 14 of her friends. It was CRAZY, but so much fun. Before the party Grace asked if she could get her ears pierced for her birthday. She was so brave and said it didn't even hurt!
I was so proud of her!

Finally time for the party!!!! Nothing like 14 screaming kids running around your house, but I would do it again. Everyone got to make their own magic wand. A little craft I came up with on my own....Grace is holding mine on the left and her's on the right. I was kinda proud of myself...and then the real magic began!Yes, that is a live bunny! Paul Brewer, a local magician performed 45minutes doing magic tricks. Grace was the star of the show. It was great! I highly recommend him if you ever need some good entertainment for an event...he kept the kids and parents laughing the whole show. Of coarse the camera batteries died before the fabulous juggling and live bird acts, but you get the picture.It was great fun!

Then it was presents...and birthday cake!The magician gave Grace a hat full of magic tricks to try for herself, and she has been having a lot of fun trying to figure them out! What a great day. Tomorrow is her actual birthday. I am going to have lunch with her at school for the Thanksgiving feast. Probably will be a little mellower day. Wow, what an event your kids birthday can be.

Some friends invited me to go see the NEW MOON movie on Sunday. I saw the first movie and was not that into it. I haven't read the books either, because, well...I haven't made time for it with all the kid stuff these days. Anyway....I had no idea vampires or ware wolves were so fascinating...and worth looking at...you girls know what I am talking about!!! I can't wait for movie three! Thanks Noelle and Erica for including me in the fun. If you want to lend me your books, I am reading to start reading.

Now you know why I haven't had time to blog...forgive me.

1 comment:

  1. The pics of Grace getting her ears pierced, make her look and seem so grown. She has the best cheekbones I've ever seen. LUCKY girl!!
    I'm glad the party was a huge success, and I'm very impressed with the magic wand idea. Good thinkin' Lis!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving....and a rockin' b-day Lisa. Be safe!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete