Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vegas baby!!!

Ok...did I tease you long enough.  I haven't had time to blog with all the Christmas blah blah going on.  I will fill you in on that in later.  I thought I better get a little somethin' out about Vegas before I forget.  Well, we had so much fun, I wouldn't forget!


This was our 2nd annual birthday trip.  Erica was celebrating her 30th and Noelle and I our 35th!  Whoo hoo!  Holly and I got there on Friday morning at about 7:30am.  Our friends Noelle, Erica, Odem, Karen, Rose and Karen arrived the night before by car.  We headed straight for the hotel to get everyone for a fab brunch at The Wynn.

There I met up with my Great Aunt Beth and Cousin Maryellen who live in Vegas.  We had fun catching up and it was a great way to start the morning and get ready for the big weekend ahead.  The Wynn has a wonderful breakfast!  If you've never been, put it on your list!


After breakfast we all felt a little sleepy, but headed out to do some shopping!  I think we figured it was better then gambling because we would have something to show for our money.  After spending a couple of hours and about $900 later, we left the MAC makeup store to rest up and get ready for a big night out.

We decided to go see Le Reve at the Wynn!  We were running a little late, so grabbed a limo outside our hotel.  It was a blast to squeeze in for a few minutes.  We felt like movie stars, even if it was a rickety, old thing!

Out of all the shows in Vegas, and I have seen a few...Le Reve....THE BEST.  Again, put it on your list!  Couldn't take pictures inside, so you'll just have to go see the show.  My cousin Maryellen (3rd in on the left), husband John, and their friend Maryfrancis (3rd in on the right), went to the show too.



After the show we said goodbye to my family and headed over to The Toby Keith Bar at Harrah's.  It was early then, about 11:30 p.m....and we hadn't had any cocktails yet!  We spent the night dancing our little butts off!  We ended up meeting the band!  They know my dear friend Jolie and as soon as they found out I was her friend, they thought we were pretty cool!

The kiss on my cheek was meant for Jolie, but she wasn't there...so here's to you girl!  We missed you!



We closed down the bar and went home about 3:30 a.m.  Too much fun!  We felt like high school girls again.

The next day it took us a while too get moving.  It was then we realized, we aren't in high school anymore and require a lot more sleep!  Sorry I don't have pics, but we went to breakfast in our PJ's and gambled a little before taking a little nappy.

Finally about 2:30 p.m. we rallied for a little more shopping and frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity!  I haven't any pics, but chocolate lovers take note...it's very special!  And, the food was good too.

The hottest redheads I know!!!!


I got to spend some quality time with some of my oldest (not old) and dearest friends from childhood, Noelle (right) and Holly (left).

We also had to check out the garden at the Belagio.  Always a treat to see what they can do...beautiful polar bears and a wintery cabin scene made of all flowers.
Then it was back to the Westin to get ready for another night at The Toby Keith Bar, more dancing, beer pong and more breakfast in our PJ's!  I have to go bed.  Stay tuned for Vegas post #2.

2 comments:

  1. great post Lis!!!!!
    You all looked so pretty....Odem, very handsome. Glad you had a great time. I will see La Reve per your recommendation. I'm gonna give you another 7 to 11 days to fully recover :)

    p.s. thanks for the band shout out!!! i was there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fahbulous recap, dahling! Oh lordy, I re-live that trip every day and miss you guys a lot! Thank you for making it such a wonderful trip... I had such a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete