Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Funicular





Today Grace and I skied again.  I know....whaa whaa.  This time we met up with Uncle Keith at Deer Valley, where they are hosting the World Cup Ariel and Mogul events.  Uncle Keith Volunteers every year, and it was a good excuse to ski in my home town and one of my favorite places!



Uncle Keith had to go to work so Grace and I decided to try a little Apre Ski at the new St. Regis Deer Crest Resort.  FABULOUS!



The main attraction...a FUNICULAR.  This is similar to a tram, that takes you from the lobby to the main hotel.  Not scary, for those of you who might be afraid of heights, but very exciting!


Once you get to the top... well... luxury!  Ski in, ski out access, a private ski beach, split level swimming pools, hot tubs and spectacular views!  
I had a glass of wine and Grace had a hot chocolate.

She has no idea how spoiled she was....we were both ready to check in for night!  I had to explain to Grace we would have to wait for a special occasion.  She agreed,  "Mommy I know this is a really expensive hotel.  But, I really want to stay here some time!"



Anyone interested in putting our pennies together and getting a room?  If you don't ski that is ok.  I will drop you off at the spa and pick you up later!

1 comment: