Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hot yoga!




So, last night I decided to do something a little different.  I am officially training now for a half marathon in April and a full marathon in May...(yes, I am crazy).  To add to my running regime I decided to try the Bikram yoga.  For those of you not familiar...it is just like yoga, but the room is about 110 degrees.  It is amazing!  I was sweating my ass off in the first 5 minutes.  











I was really worried I wouldn't be able to do all the poses.  Don't consider myself to be a very flexible person.  But that wasn't a problem.  I surprised myself and did very well.  My sore muscles are telling me all about it today!


As amazing as I found my new workout...no one warned me about the amount of sweat involved...no one warned me not to wear a white sports bra!  By the time I was finished I looked like I had been in a wet T-shirt contest...yep!  Front and center... in front of the mirror for all to see!


I highly recommend Bikram yoga, but just know that you sweat your guts out.  BUCKETS AND BUCKETS!  Bring a change of clothes, and if you're modest...don't wear a white top.


Now that I have learned that lesson I am looking forward to the benefits of my new workout!







4 comments:

  1. Now that is funny stuff right there Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOT! Maddie did it everyday while she was home for the holidays and became addicted! I want to try sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I'm glad you finally did it. Because I already sweat buckets just on a normal day, I worry I might lose too much fluid and die. But it might be fun, who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa....they had an "ask a" feature on X96 this morning....it was "ask a yoga instructor". Between you and this yoga chick, I wanna start sweatin' to the oldies, oops..I mean yoga too! I plan on wearing something with color though...thanx for the 411 on that!

    ReplyDelete