Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hernia Surgery and Halloween.

I can't think of a better way to spend Halloween weekend...in bed after hernia surgery!  I had a hernia on my right side.  It had been there for about a year and it needed to be fixed.  I am recovering well and have had a lot of help from Derek and Grandma Kathleen!
I have received a lot of pretty flowers!  Every time I turn a corner I am reminded that I am loved and to get better soon!  

From Grandma Kathleen...

Derek's co-workers...

and little Ryann!  

Thank you everybody.  I will be back on my feet by Monday morning!
My surgery didn't slow down the halloween fun...
Grandma Kathleen came over on Saturday to help carve up our pumpkins.


Grace is old enough to carve her own this year.

Derek was trying to be creative this year...well done honey!

And, he ended up finishing Grace's pumpkin.

The girls have been having fun with the leaves in the back yard.  They have raked them up and jumped in the pile several times throughout the week.  I will let them do it until they mulch the leaves away!

Time to trick or treat.  In Utah we celebrated on Saturday night.  

I helped Grace with her makeup...the vampire princess!


Ready to go!

Grace has the coolest Kenneth Cole gold shoes...good for wear after halloween too!

Trick or treating in the rain with our neighbor friend Kylie.


Sister love...they are so grown up and so cute!

This is Kylie with her mom and dad, Tim and Sara.

"Tick or treat, smell my feet..."


And they had a lot of candy!  

I helped them sort through the candy when they got home.  To cut down on the treats and sweets (there is plenty to go around)  I bought back $5.00 of the yucky stuff from each kid.  They got to keep all the chocolate!  The girls thought was a good idea.  Now they have a little extra money and they won't have to eat all that sugar!  


5 comments:

  1. You had your surgery....I'm so glad it went well and I hope you get feeling better ASAP. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

    The girls look adorable in their costumes. Great idea about buying the candy back...Derek's pumpkin is AWESOME! I would be worried that someone would steal the Crown Royal. Is it real or colored water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't leave the crown royal outside. It is real and I knew someone would take it. Just stuck into the photo for effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Girl!!!! Get well soon!! I miss you :(
    I wish I could do something to help you. Maybe you will let me help you with a wine cork once you get feeling better :) Glad you got it taken care of. I know it was painful and bothersome for you.

    Love all the girls' Halloween pics!!! Derek's punkin was great!!! He's a super punkin decorater and from what I hear, a super murse (man-nurse)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the word verification I had to type in after my first post was "heals"

    :) see good energy already coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how that went. Glad to hear you are doing well! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete