Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

26.2!!!!

Amazing!  Scary!  Beautiful!  Accomplished.....


I did IT!  I ran a marathon.  Probably the hardest thing I have ever done.  4 hours 57 min.  I had to battle a low sugar at mile 24.  Slowed me down by about 15 minutes, but I finished the race!!!

The race was in Ogden, UT.  The course was so beautiful, running us around Pine View Resevoir and down Ogden canyon.  I have to say it.... is the hardest thing I have ever done!!!!

Other then having to meet the shuttle bus at 4:45 am, it was a beautiful morning.  The first half of the marathon was great.  When I hit 13.1 miles I heard an announcment for the shuttle bus, anyone needing a ride down the canyon, it was the last chance.  I just kept on running!

At about mile 14 there was a hill.  Oh boy!  Up the hill I went...running all the way.

At about mile 16, we began the decend down the mountain.  That is when a little pain started to set in.

Derek finally caught up with me here...almost 18 miles.  I was hurting in my knees, but new I was getting closer to the end.  It was so nice outside, so I was trying to concentrate on the scenary and not my screaming muscles.

Off I go....oooch.  Down the hill.  It was getting hard.  Up to this point most of the run was flat, but my muscles were very tired and uneven ground was not friendly!  



Mile 23....only 3.2 to go.  I was feeling a little disoriented by this time.  I had been crying for the last 3 miles.  I really wanted to be done running!!!   But, I am not a quiter.

So, I am off...looking at the pretty trees and running by a beautiful river.  I was really sweating and my muscles were so achy, it was then I realized my sugar might be low.  So...I had some juice, taffy and a mini cliff bar to refuel.  (I had been drinking and eating little bits along the way to keep my sugar levels steady.)




Mile 25!



Mile 26!!!!  Almost there!!!!  I can see the fisnish at this point so my pain went away and I ran a little faster.  Tears!!!  Tears!!!  I wanted this to be over!!!

Derek missed the money shot of me crossing the finish, but I made it.  

This was the most amazing thing (next to the birth of my children) I have ever done.  It was a test of my inner strenth.  I wanted to quit.  I wanted to quit soooo bad!  But, I knew I would be so disappointed in myself if I quit.   I have been working so hard to run this race I couldn't stop.  

I realize now... I can do anything!!!  




I am strong!  I am an athlete!  (and I have worked so hard that I had to show you my muscles)!!!

6 comments:

  1. YAY, Lisa!!!! I'm sooo proud of you! I knew you could do it... there was no quesiton in my mind! Woo hoo! Go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO PROUD of you Lisa! What an amazing accomplishment. Now go party....and tell me all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa! I actually just cried reading this! I am so incredibly proud of you and your strength of character and body! YOU FREAKIN ROCK! You are an inspiration to me and to many others! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying too!! You are so incredible=) And totally one of my heroes. Hello, that last picture of you... OMG... I'm going to do some push ups and sit ups right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone get a bandaid!!! Lisa is cut!!!

    Ok....that was lame, but YOU are totally awesome. What a powerful life changing event! Your determination and motivation is inspiring.

    It's been fun to see you through your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all my wonderful supporters! Couldn't have done it with out you all rootin' for me! If I ever do it again... I want someone there with me! Who's in?

    ReplyDelete