Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Proud mama

I am a very blessed mother who gets to stay home and raise my babies!  I give kudos to all you working mothers who have to leave your little ones everyday and go to work.  All of our jobs are challenging, but the rewards are priceless....


I received this early mother's day gift today from Ryann.  She made me a beautiful little card and door hanging at school.  She will be 3 in a few days.  If you are the mom of a 3 year old or have had a 3 year old, perhaps you are aware of the challenges and joys they bring....all in the same day!!! After reading this little poem, with tears, I am reminded how lucky I am to have this little angel in my life!

Sometimes you get discouraged,
Because I am so small.
And always leave my fingerprints,
On furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing,
And soon I'll be so tall.
That all those little hand prints,
Will be so hard to recall.
So here's a special hand print,
Just so you can say,
This is how my fingers looked,
When I placed them here today.








2 comments:

  1. Awe :)

    Puts things into perspective doesn't it.
    Our babes are only "small hands" for a short time.

    Brought tears to my eyes (I know, doesn't take much)

    ReplyDelete