Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eat LIVE!

I tried a new place for lunch and it was fantastic!!!!!  Well, it is new to me.  It has been around a few years....


Omar's menu reads,
"Peace Through Food".

I can honestly say, "YES!"

I had the bean burrito.

?
I know that doesn't look like your typical bean burrito.  It is the Vegan version:  "beans consist of a puree of Tahini and sunflower seeds mixed with Mexican herbs and spices.  Topped with macadamia nut sour cream, sprouts, and served wrapped in collard greens, or with crackers, lettuce, cabbage, and love."  

DELICIOUS!

I love that every menu item includes "love".  How come I have never been here before!!!

If you are too lazy to click on the link above, I will tell you this is the only raw food restaurant in Utah.  Everything prepared is living and organic plant food.  All made with love and energy to heal the mind, body, and spirit.

Ryann had the Raw pasta (no pasta included).  Just fresh veggies, nuts, and love!
And, yes...she ate it!  Rich can testify.

Rich had the Sweet Basil Salad.  YUMMY!

I don't plan on becoming a vegan, but was really happy to see many of the ingredients on the menu have made their way into my kitchen!  

I love live food!  

Funny today I clinked on one of the fitness blogs I follow and the article reads,


I connected with my lunch today.  Perfect timing too.  Spring training starts next week and I need to get back to live energy to get me in the running spirit!







No comments:

Post a Comment