Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

GET HEALTHY!!!!


One if the reasons I started a blog was to log my progress on getting healthy!!!!  I have been blogging for a while now and this is my first post about it....sorry.  I am apologizing to myself for putting off so long...but, here it is...

I have always considered myself to be a pretty healthy person, but realized a while back that I wasn't doing very well.  I wasn't feeling great.  I have been running, trying to eat well, and trying to get some Lisa time (always a must when your a busy mom.)  I was going to the doctor pretty regularly to track my progress as a diabetic and my A1C (the test they run to measure the sugar level over the past 3 months) was climbing.  Every time I would go to the doctor, it is was getting worse.  I was getting frustrated and felt like being diabetic was a curse.  My eating habits have slipped.  I wasn't taking excersise very seriously and I know I was exhausting myself trying to keep up with my kids.  My health was slipping and if that goes...so does the rest of my life!

The good news...I am back in control.  Baby steps....

Thank you to Jolie and Paula for recommending this book.   I am still reading, but have already learned a lot about myself.  #1-I am really stressed out!!!  Being a busy mom has taken it's toll on me.  I didn't realize I had lost control of myself until now.  And if the mom isn't doing well how can she help the rest of her family?

So, without getting to FREAKY on you...if you feel out of control and think it is because you've been wronged by the world around you...I highly recommend this book.

I really believe we hold the power to our own happiness.  I believe it starts with our health...MIND, BODY and SOUL!!!  

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book I need to read... I'll go grab it this week. I'm glad things are getting back under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the book Lisa! It's a good one isn't it? Remember to CTFO.....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a dads version?

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHTO is my new motto!

    Steve...don't know if there is a dad's version. Karen should pick it up. Could be applied to the whole family. You would probably enjoy it even if there isn't a dad's version. She really tells it like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sistah!!!!
    We all need to CHILL THE F*** OUT!!!....quit sweating the small stuff!!!! I'm so glad you're liking the book. I think it is a great manual to go revisit every now and then.

    This is a great post Lis...I hope you keep up on posting health information like this :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be sure to read it starting next week when Ella and I get our 6 weeks together.

    ReplyDelete