Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day.



So... Derek didn't really have time to plan anything because he had been stuck in New York.  Plus, my sister and her kids are visiting so we decided to hang with the fam.  But,  he did bring me some little treasures from New York that I wanted to share.  (flowers from UT.)




I told Derek since he was stuck in New York I wanted him to get me some more earrings.  Got one pair when I was there and love them!!!   So these were my little treasures.  You did good honey!

This was my favorite gift.  He stopped at a little card shop and this woman wrote me a special poem in his words:



In case you can't see it...

he says
let's focus on the bliss
wedded bliss, ten years of bliss
he says
let's focus on the 
anniversary, tenth anniversary,
he says
talk about her here
or new york, stranded,
rather not, rather anticipating return
yes, rather focus on that.

Well, he made it back just in time for us to spend the day together. 

And I made him the most divine chocolate cake!
(Yes, there is a little piece missing in the back.  I had to taste it because I had never made it before.  I was afraid it was dry.  Not dry...but super good.)

It was a great day and I am so glad he is home safely!


1 comment:

  1. I do love your earrings too :)

    Good job Derek!!!

    And thanks for sharing that dElish cake!!
    yum yum!

    ReplyDelete