Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

A little inspiration...


I am sorry you haven't heard much from me this week.  Along with all of my motherly duties I have been physically and mentally preparing to complete a wonderful journey tomorrow.  For the last eight weeks I have been training with an amazing group of women for the Salt Lake City half marathon.  This is my second half, but this time I am so ready run the race!!!

If you would have asked me a year or two ago if I could run 13.1 miles I would have laughed in your face!  I would have told you I could barely run around the block.  I started running to get in shape and hopefully get my sugars under control.  I was struggling.   I was registered for this race and wanted to complete my race feeling good in my body.  I knew I couldn't do it alone....  That is when I met my trainer Angela.  She is awesome!!!!  With her support and the support of all the runners (whom I will introduce you to when I post the race) I am so excited to run tomorrow.


My goal is not to break any records, maybe not even beat the time of my last race, but to cross the finish line.  I am stronger and healthier then ever.  I am an athlete!  


Derek has not been training with us, but he has been training and will run too!

Can't wait to cross that finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Lisa! I will be thinking about you tomorrow. You'll do great....kick Derek's butt.

    ReplyDelete