Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No more dairy

What?  (Unlce Steve...I know you are so proud!)

Yes, we are making the switch to healthier choices for our family.  I haven't been eating dairy for the past seven weeks.  CRAZY!  Not really.  I can't say that I miss it.  It will take a little adjusting for everyone, but I find it to be a psychological adjustment because it is drilled into our head we NEED it to survive!

Well, I am still alive...eating well, taking my vitimins and feeling better then ever!!!!  I am learning how to cook with out it (interesting).  But, I know we will be better off because of the change.

So what do we eat instead?  Almond milk.  YUMMY!  My whole family loves it.


And I have been using Coconut oil on the girls toast and for other cooking.  THEY LOVE IT! It is a healthy fat!  Not like our good old friend butter, that adds no nutrtional value to our diet.  Anyway...

If you want more information check out this website on milk.

**No hateful comments please.  I am not telling anyone not to drink milk if that is your choice.  I am not an animal rights activist either.  I am just merely offering up information for healthier choices.  I believe that we, as a country, are more diseased then ever before.  I think when it comes to our health, looking into the food we eat is a good place to start.  

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm...can't wait to try the almond milk and coconut oil. Expensive???? where are you buying this stuff? Whole foods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole foods and Harmons health food section. The SILK came from Target, but that was expensive. Don't shop there! I don't think it is any more then the other groceries, because you consume less (watch your portion sizes people! Part of our health problem!!!)

    Please let me in if you find any deals! Or anymore yummy products. I know RICE milk is good too, but am leary because of the effects is has on my sugar levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah no milk at the Sims!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just milk, but dairy. Dairy is a processed food!!!! Gonna do another post soon to explain this a little more....

    ReplyDelete