Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

9-1-1...

Last night, about 10:45,  Derek and I were laying in bed watching t.v.  Derek said he wasn't feeling well and went into the bathroom.  I was quietly laying there...CRASH, THUD, BOOM...in the bathroom.  I laid there for another second.  OMG!  I knew something was wrong.  I ran to the door and opened it yelling ARE YOU OK?  There is Derek, laying on the floor, pale, lifeless.

I knelt down and grabbed his face yelling his name at the top of my lungs for what felt like forever!!!  Derek, Derek, DEREK!  (he always plays around with me, so I wasn't sure if it was a joke!)  I realized quickly this was no joke and he was not responding to me.

Maybe a minute and a half had passed.  Thank God!!!!  Just as I was trying to move him flat (he was leaning up against the wall) so I could see if he had a pulse, he started to moan a little.  His eyes were open the whole time, but nobody was home!  I was able to get him up and move him to the bed.  He couldn't figure out why I was yelling at him.  He also couldn't tell me what was wrong with him.

I called 9-1-1!  Derek was so mad, but he still wasn't sure what was going on and the kids were in bed and I couldn't rush him to the emergency room.  The paramedics came and checked his vitals.  Everything seemed to be ok.  Derek thinks his spicy tai food was the problem...but, I watched my life flash before my eyes!  All I could think about was my 38-year-old husband laying on the bathroom floor like a dead man.
I was helpless!

Derek seems to be fine this morning, but I am still a bundle of nerves!!!  I am still thanking God that everything is ok, but this little experience made me realize how fragile life is and how quickly things can change.  I know....we hear this all the time, but...tell the people that you love....I LOVE YOU...as often as you can!!!  It is important they know you love them.

Derek-I LOVE YOU!  Grace-I LOVE YOU!  Ryann-I LOVE YOU!  And if you are reading this blog you are probably my family or good friends and I LOVE YOU!  Be safe and have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, Lisa! I'd make him a doctor appointment and have him get checked out. Just to make sure there aren't any underlying problems... better to be safe than sorry. In fact, if he won't go, give me a call and I'll carry him there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erica. I think if he knows what is good for him, he is making that appointment today. Scared the shit out of me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa!!!!! Oh Derek!!!!
    You HAVE to make an appt. OMG!!! This is scary and nothing to push off on spicy foods! You've got my heart pumping and tears in my eyes. I can only imagine what a life changing moment last night was!!!!
    I love you Derek, Lisa, Grace and Ryann!!!
    Get checked TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just talked to Derek and he is trying to get to the doc today!!! I agree that spicy food does not make you pass out. We may be able to chalk it up to a lot of stress at work, but we're on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear he is going to go into the Dr. I was going to say the same thing everyone else has been saying....GET IN! That is just freaky as hell. I hope everything's OK. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete