Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Committed to the finish line!

So, I already told you that I am running in a half marathon in April and a full marathon in May.  I am in my second week of a 8 week running clinic to train for the races.  It has been great so far!  We are learning proper running techniques and stretching.  I have learned some things that I haven't been doing right since I started running about a year and a half ago.  I also been going through some nutrition counseling to help me out with my diabetes.  Sugars are doing great!!! I realized that I am in pretty good shape already,  but we know there is always room for improvement.


On our first day of clinic our trainer, Angela, asked us to cut out yeast, dairy and alcohol from our diets...because this is what runners do.  well.....

It is going great!  Because I am eating a well balanced diet I am not even craving the stuff I was told I couldn't eat.  Never considered myself a wine-o but, I can't wait to have a glass of wine when it is all over with!!!!!  Jolie....prepare yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you Lisa! This is a life changing commitment you have made. You have a strong will.
    But yes,.....I am counting down to the day we can drink wine together again!

    You go girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cheering for you, my love! I'm glad you're feeling so well after just a few minor changes! Good luck, and I'll join you for that glass when it's time!

    ReplyDelete