Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Candida




Have you ever wondered why at the end of a perfectly good, satisfying meal you still feel like you need a little something sweet?  OR, walked around the kitchen opening every cupboard looking for something to eat knowing darn well, you aren't even hungry!  Well, your not crazy, and you certainly aren't hungry.  You're CANDIDA (I like to call this the little beast inside me) is nagging to be fed!  


What?  A beast, inside me?  Yes, candida is a the fungal yeast overgrowth in the human body.  EVERYBODY HAS IT!  The degree at which it may be effecting you is the question.  It can be very toxic and could be the cause of many human diseases.

I learned about my little beast about two weeks into my new menu.  My lifestyle coach, Angela, drew up a nutritional plan for me.  I made some changes by cutting the yeast and sugar from my diet.

I was wondering why I still felt hungry after my meals.  Angela asked me "Are you still hungry or is it a craving for something?"  She told me it's the candida begging to be fed.   It is starting to die.

Wow!  I had no idea...i was an addict.  Addicted to sugar, addicted to bread, addicted to one glass of wine!  After cutting those things out of my diet I noticed a few other changes.  Some strange aches and pains around my body started to go away.  I have more energy.  I sleep better.  All because I stopped feeding the beast!

Six weeks into my new diet I am learning the difference between cravings and hunger.  Angela told me you will never be able to kill the candida because it naturally happens, but we can tame it.  I will eventually be able to reintroduce some things back in (like that glass of wine after my big marathon! but, not really missing the bread).  Everything in moderation, right?

I know I am not a doctor or a nutritionist (yet).  I am telling you this information so, with an open mind, you will think about your own diet.  Think about any complications you might be having and realize that what you're eating could seriously be hurting your body.  


Perhaps portion control is the issue, or the types of foods you may be consuming. I think this is very interesting and have experienced the effects of this little beast.   

2 comments:

  1. it's an amazing little yeasty thing that Candida. (i hate that word...sounds so...yuck STD!) Lisa's readers: I've been looking into it's feeding frenzy myself.....overgrowth-yeasty bodies have many problems that you wouldn't expect to blame on Candida. Google it....you might be surprised what is relatable ailments to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the info... I'll be looking into it myself!

    ReplyDelete