Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love


I am reading this book and love it!

Although I am not finished with this book, I highly recommend it.  I love how Elizabeth Gilbert writes!  She has turned a painful journey of divorce, life change and leaning of SELF into a beautiful journey of adventure that we can all relate too.  (maybe not because we are going through a divorce or major life change, but...)  

I love that is Gilbert is always having a dialogue with her emotions!  I can relate to that.  My favorite part of the book so far is when she is is having a crazy busy day and passes by a mirror in an office building, somewhere in New York City (you can imagine how crazy busy it is there and how unfamiliar everyone might be).   She doesn't realize she is looking in the mirror, but thinks she sees someone she knows, a familiar face.  She begins to run towards the person with a smile on her face to say hello.  When she is close enough, she laughs and realizes she is looking at herself.  She writes:  Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.

This is an important!  Something we all should be reminded of from time to time.  If you can't love yourself and depend on yourself, who can you depend on?  This is something my parents taught me and a I am trying to teach my kids too.

I am almost through the part of the book in Italy and really want to go there after reading this book.  Can't wait to see where this adventure takes us next!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I agree!!!
    I don't want to say too much...I won't have anything to talk about in our coffee/book club of 2 :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo love this book. I've really been taking my time with it though and need to get my act together and finish it!!!

    Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am!

    ReplyDelete