Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer travels...

Ok...I decided blogging is hard to do in the summer!  Kids out of school means a lot of work for mom!  Entertaining them constantly...but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Sooooo...
We are busy....
Derek just returned from a trip to Israel.  He had a wonderful time!  They did some work, and even had time to site see.  They visited all the holy sites in Jerusalem, Nazareth and Galilee.  Here are few pics, but Derek has to do a little slide show for me so I can go into more detail about the neat things he saw.  I will share more later.










While he was in Israel I was able to travel to a far off land of my own.....ELKO, NV.  As a little birthday celebration for my friend Jen (happy 35th year my dear!) and a quick girls getaway, we decided to go the annual biker rally!  NO.  We don't have bikes, but we enjoyed some good music, a little gambling and a lot of great people watching.





Jolie, Jen and I discovered that the beers are big in Elko.  (Makes the people watching even better.)
For the most part the bikers in Elko were your average Joe, but the hair dos!





Even the babies had mohawks.  (Guess that is the in thing these days)




But you can't tell me this baby isn't super cute!!!!! 
We saw some very interesting outfits... 




We don't know this guys, but he was running the booth here and we really wanted a picture of his friend in the back left corner with the crazy red boots. Check it out!  If she had a mirror she might have thought twice about the outfit.  We'll assume she doesn't own one.  Anyway....

The night ended well when Jolie hit the jackpot on a penny machine...$600.00!  That is a lot of pennies...Elko was good to her.  Congratulations Jolie!  Happy birthday Jen!  Thanks for the fun trip girls.






1 comment:

  1. is that Derek in a kilt????? I can't wait to hear all about his travel stories!!!! Must have a beer/wine/scotch night with tell all!

    Thanks for going to the Elko Jamboree with me :) I had a great time...totally NOT long enough, but some great girl bonding and people watching fer shur!!!!

    ReplyDelete