Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

tile and paint!

I have been home improving all over the place...

Last weekend I helped Erica with the tile backsplash in her kitchen.  Fun!  It looks amazing!  I didn't take any pics of the final product because we had a little trouble with our grout.  We used the epoxy kind.  It set up before we could finish.  Frustrating!  But, this is the kind of thing you run into when you do it yourself.  I was honored to help and it looks beautiful.  

Then.... after MONTHS of trying to figure out a color to paint my bedroom (the project that was never ending)...I think I got it!  Before it was a dark brown, but my new furniture made the room feel so dark.

Ta daa!!!

Bleeker biege!  Yes, very neutral, but it really pulls out the green in the room and sets off the dark wood!  New green pillows and green curtains to complete the look.  It feels bigger and brighter and it's done! 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Erica!!!!

    That looks fab dahling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yah.....

    Lis, your room is gorgeous. Great job pulling all your colors together.

    ReplyDelete