Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

20th Anniversary Party!



Congratulations to our wonderful friends Randy and Jolie for inviting us all to celebrate with them. And they know how to have a PARTY!!! We had so much fun! Jolie wore here original wedding dress...modernized a little, but still had it's 80's flare. Paula did a great job with the dress and Jolie looked beautiful! Randy looked handsome, as always, sporting his ganster style tux.

Derek and I wore our 80's style wedding attire, but I can't believe I didn't get a picture of us together. I will put it in another post later...I wore my junior prom dress in it's original form. Yes, it still fits...a little big in the top. I guess that is what happens after a couple of babies.

Anyway...back to the party! Derek started off the evenings festivities with a short, unofficial renewal of the vows. Very cleverly written by Jolie's cousin Chelise...Randy promised to try and get some help with his GED (genentic eye defect) and keep his eyes open in pictures from here on out and Jolie promised to let Randy in on the party planning from here on out...many other promises were made, but we'll see....
Then we had an awards ceremony for the best dressed wedding guest in their 80's attire. Forgive me for not knowing everyone's name...there were a lot of people at the party! But, Chelise won hands down for the best bridesmaid ever! Love the side pony and pink bow!!!!
A quick cake cutting ceremony and then we began the DANCING!!!! The cover band 'White Water' played and we danced until our feet were swollen. They brought big hula hoops and everybody took a stab at trying them out. It is amazing the hula hooping skills you can have after a little alcohol. I think it helps!
Derek was a little camera happy towards the end of the party and decided to take pictures of himself with everyone...well, a few people, including the girl outside checking ID's...sorry, again I can't name everyone in the pictures. But, it was fun!


Hey! I caught Randy with his eyes open!
Thanks again for a kick ass party kids! Happy 20 years!

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say!!!!
    Derek- Thanks for being our pator/priest/bishop/justice of the peace.....YOU MARRIED ME AND RANDY!! Isn't that so cool to think about!!! Dude! I love ya man!
    Lisa- My wedding cake rocked!!!! It was fun and beautiful on the outside, and tasted like a piece of heaven in my mouth...yum!!! Thanks for all of your time and body hurting work that you put into it!!! I love ya girl!!
    You both help make our day one to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Freakin Blast! I miss you guys! Thanks so much for all your blood, sweat, and tears(Ryan) that went into making that night so special for Randy and Jolie! I don't know about you, but I am still suffering from a dance hangover.... Hope to see y'all soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete