Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Baking all day...




Well, the count down for Randy and Jolie's big anniversary party is on...and I am making the cake. I started yesterday morning at 9:30 and finished baking about 10:00 last night. Yes..all day...I baked. Cake #1...








By afternoon I had the bottom and the top...cake #3...and #4, seen in the corner, was having a little problem. This is when the afternoon got interesting. I can't just make a boxed cake...and the darn thing fell in the middle. And it happenend again...and again.


Finally I found a different recipe that worked...3 cakes later. SO, the pro of cake decorating came over and helped me....MOM to the rescue!




All the cakes are baked and tonight we'll put on all the pretty decor.






After a long day of baking, 6 cakes later, all the muscles in body hurt, but I would do it again! I think I have fine tuned my cake baking skills...can't wait to see how it turns out!



1 comment:

  1. The cake turned out beautiful....it was delicious too. Good Job Lisa!

    ReplyDelete