Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Diabetes Awareness


November is diabetes awareness month.  I joined the American Diabetes Association's movement last year to help stop the epidemic of this disease in our country.  So, as a type 1 diabetic and diabetes advocate I will be sharing with you some valuable information that may get you too to join in this movement.

WAIT!  DON'T STOP READING. 

I know what you may be thinking..."Oh here she goes again.  On her soap box.  Lisa is a diabetic...blah blah..."

You may be thinking you are not effected by this disease.  Well folks...if you are reading this blog you probably know me and that means you are affected by this disease!

I will try not to bore you everyday with statistics, but rather share the challenges I face as a diabetic.  This is my duty as an advocate!

You may be thinking to yourself, "What can I do?  I am not a diabetic."  

Like anything else we need to bring diabetes awareness to people so we can prevent this disease or the serious complications that come with it.


So, I ask that if you see something come up about diabetes this month please read it!  Diabetes is a serious disease with deadly consequences.  I am not asking you for pitty because I am a diabetic, just a better understanding of this disease.













3 comments:

  1. #1 - SOOO in love with the fact that you blog!
    #2 - I still want you to email me the name of that great book you were telling me about. :)
    #3 - I promise to read whatever I see come up about Diabetes this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass- I miss you! Vegas baby!!!! I will email you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beeties sucks!!!
    You are a great spokesperson for the disease. You take care of you body and try to keep a possitive mind. I would think those are the top priorities for a healthy diabetic life.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete