Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Tea room and a tree.


I have been redecorating my sitting room in the entry of my house.  It is a process....time and MONEY!  Early this year I switched out the old love seat and oversized chair for these smaller leather beauties!  Love them!!!  I also added the red curtains and a new bamboo shade.

Still working on the wall decor and maybe paint...can't decided.  Want to go more contemporary...

 Not done with the furnishings yet, so I decided to put up my christmas tree early.  Not embarrassed to say I did this about 2 weeks ago.  Hey...don't judge.  It filled up the empty space in my sitting room for now.   

The vision is an entertaining room and it is coming along.
I brought up this old dresser from the basement closet.  It was my Grandmother's.  I switched out the old hardware and whoa la.  

It looks great under my big mirror by the front door.

You can see I still have my fall decorations too...
until next weekend when the other tree goes up and out comes Santa!



I sit in my new room almost every night for tea or wine and a book.  It is very warm and cozy!!!  Feel free to join me for a warm drink...it is cold outside!


3 comments:

  1. The hardware on that dresser changed the whole look of it!!!! Love it!!!
    I'm glad that you are enjoying your tea room so much!!!
    A gal needs a place to put her feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolie-Thank you for sharing some tea(wine) with me in my new room. Next time let's talk about the decor and figure out what would make us feel more comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is adorable! I love it! And I can't believe how good the dresser looks in there!

    ReplyDelete