Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful for old friends.

To kick off my holiday season and celebrate one of the many reasons I am THANKFUL (since we are headed into Thanksgiving) I had lunch with a dear friend I met when I was 6.

I remembered the other day when writing down the date 11/2...it was Johonna's birthday!  So, I sent her a little text to wish her well.  She replied with an invitation to lunch.
Johanna and I met in Mrs. Bogue 1st grade.  Here we are!  I am on the top row, short blond hair.  Johanna is on the 3rd row, in green, with the pig tails.

Yes...cute!

Johonna used to do my math homework...not my best subject.

I think first grade was the only year we actually went to school with each other, but we had a lot of play dates...barbies, playing house, and hiking around the mountains where we both lived.  Although we both moved from Park City, went off the college, got married and now have families, Johanna and I have kept in touch all these years. 

Johanna told me that she thinks of me every year at our birthday time (mine is coming up in a few weeks).  We went out for our birthdays a few years back and had Starbuck's pumpkin spice lattes.  She couldn't believe that such goodness could come out of a little cup!  So, that is probably our next outing...another latte! 

(sorry, forgot to get a picture of us yesterday at lunch so I pieced us together)
This is us today!  Still cute....women now and still good friends.  We always pick up right where we left off!  I am so lucky to have her as a friend!!!

I believe one of the things that keeps a person happy is to let others know how special they are to you.  It will make that person feel so special to know someone out in the world is thinking of them!

So...don't just send a Christmas picture or a brag letter to let everyone know your every move this year...call one of your dear friends from the past.  It will make you both feel special this holiday season.

And facebook doesn't count as a phone call!!!!










4 comments:

  1. Laughing so hard about the "Christmas Brag Letter"......so true. And I totally agree with you about Facebook not counting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teacher looks very scary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing pictures of my friends when they were young. It is a great thing if you are still friends with the people that are in the young photos with you.
    The childhood pics vs. the adult pics show that peoples faces really don't change a lot. I could have picked you both out of the class pic. Johanna looks very happy!!! I remember wearing those yarn hair bows!!!


    ditto Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that is a cute story. I wish I stayed in touch with people from my childhood. I still talk to a friend from Middle School but that's about it. Other than a handful of High School friends.

    I am off to Starbucks now. The seed was planted. :)

    I got your email, btw... thank you!!! Going to order that book off amazon soon. :)

    ReplyDelete