Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A new season!

Goodbye halloween....


Hello Autumn!


This is my favorite time of year!  All the ghost and goblins go away and it is a new season.  Season means change...change in the weather, change in our diet (looking for all those comfort foods), and time to evaluate life's routine to see if it is working.

I decided we need more balance.  (Don't we always...life in always busy and always changing.)

So...

I added the Christmas countdown clock to my blog.  WHAT?  This not just to track shopping deadlines.  It is so we can track of the days of this joyous season.

Our family has been trying to find ways to cut down on spending money and make it less about the gifts.  We have done a pretty good job of cutting back.  I will share in the posts ahead...  It is also a good time to come together as a family and to reach out to the ones that we love.
I thought it would be fun in the upcoming weeks to share some ways you and I can enjoy the holiday time with our friends and family to make them feel special in other ways besides buying exspensive gifts.

Feel free to share some of your ideas with me.  

Since Thanksgiving is first I thought I would start with some ideas to make this holiday extra special.  It is my favorite holiday...maybe because it was the day I was born.  

I have some ideas up my sleeve so stay tuned for that...

We have a few more weeks before the Thanksgiving.  Utah's extended forcast is calling for some nice weather, so lets start by getting outside and enjoying some sunshine.  Ride your bikes, go on a hike and collect some fall leaves for your Thanksgiving table before they all blow away.



1 comment:

  1. ~drink wine with good friends,
    ~help feed a family in need,
    ~cook, cook, cook, cook delightful food that comforts the belly!

    there's my Thanksgiving special ideas

    ReplyDelete