Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

My favorite Christmas things...

One of my favorite things about Christmas time are the decorations!  If you know me...I am always switching things around, trying to make it look better, warmer, and comfortable.  I decorate for me, my mood and I love my Christmas decorations! I have so many I can't put them all up.

Here are few of my favorites that I put out this year...
 Grace made this paper 3D star last year and I love it.  Hope it will last a while.  So far, so good!
This little crystal tree sits on my dinning room table.  It was my Grandmothers.  I remember playing with it as a young girl, always rearranging the decorations.  Brings back so many memories!  My Grandma passed many years ago, but  I think it tickled my dad to see I still put it out every year.

My nut cracker collections is really fun.  My mom gave my siblings and I a nutcracker many years for Christmas, so I have a few and love all the memories they bring.

Each one has it's own story and character.


This is the real veteran of my troop!  He was my first nutcracker.  Kinda sad...missing half an eye, mustache and glued back together.  I just don't have the heart to throw him away! 

The little snowboarder is our newest addition.  He has a special place in my heart.  Reminds me of my cute husband and his passion for the sport.

This is our Pinocchio.  My dad had to create a new nose for him.  I guess he wasn't the most honest little fellow and his first nose was soooo big it broke!  



This is a plate Grace made me last year. 

And Ryann presented me with this ornament and paper wreath this year!

I bought myself this new nativity set with some of my birthday money,

And I am liking the new card holder I made.  It is filling up nicely.  What I really love are all of your beautiful cards.  Keep them coming!

Hope your holiday home is filled with the things (and PEOPLE)  you love.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the memorable deco/ornaments that have been handmade by my children or given to me by a friend or loved one more every year....
    now! that's the feeling of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I love the crystal tree that was your grandmothers

    ReplyDelete